วันอาทิตย์ที่ 28 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Small Town vs. Big City Life


Image : http://www.flickr.com


It's a small world. I go a couple of weeks and wherever I go I meet people from Texas. Earth, Shamrock, Farwell, Littlefield. They're everywhere. When people ask me where I come from, there are two answers. The first reaction is curiosity. This response is from people who had never been west of Texas. You wonder about my transition from city-life life of the province.

One woman described her daily commute 55 miles from Albuquerque to Santa Fe.For two years he drove another 20 miles to complete graduate school. They have a husband and two young children that require their attention. I remember that day. I converted to work, class and an internship while I was in graduate school in Philadelphia. Thousands of people in the area has gone from one place to another. The journey seemed endless, and the traffic was terrible.

When I'm in upstate New York to work on my thesis, I was, I realize how much stresswould leave. Simple life was very interesting. After I finished my studies I stayed for a little 'and enjoy the peace and tranquility. Return to visit the city: traffic, crazy, unpredictable, and everyday use. When I lived there I did not notice anything about these things.

The second reaction I get when people ask me where I live is full understanding. These people say to me, as a rule, that somewhere in the vicinity. Often moved elsewheretheir city of West Texas back. Judging from a small country, has described his commute. Ten minutes later he finished tie a tie, is on the bench hearing its first case. He and his wife had three children remain in town and I'm happy.

I think the bad taste and excitement is a fictional big city. In film and television, people are living fabulous and always an adventure in the middle. Daily life is never presented in an honest manner. Wesee large homes, working particularly spectacular, and beautiful people. In fact, there is more going on in town, good and bad. There are more people, good and bad. The frequency of good days and bad is about the same. It is exciting? Yes, there is constant activity. The rest is fantasy of Hollywood. The police did not like Will Smith and Jennifer Aniston seem to look the waiter. It would be nice if!

One of the benefits, a student Wayland is the possibilityis to educate the campus abroad. There are universities in big cities like Phoenix, San Antonio, and Albuquerque, where students can experience a change of atmosphere and see different lifestyles. The biggest difference is that the universities to adult learners need. People with jobs, families and other commitments, classes at night and on weekends. What we call "nontraditional" students are actually people who are life interesting, maybe some of them have even glamorous, but thepriorities are the same. The education and a better life.

Now that I think there are people who do not understand the city mates call to do for people like me. They think it's too predictable and boring. Are realistic about the lack of opportunities in a closed community, but their ideas about the life of the city are usually on television or cinema. Their eyes glaze and they wonder why anyone would choose this one. I would chooselife TV, even if I had a choice. Apartments Giant, evening gowns, and exotic holidays are very attractive, so we see them all the time! But people are people, and I would always choose the small town people as possible. In fact, I already have.

Recommend : Thaitripstoday.com olympus digital camera

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น